Carlitos Lunghi Site


                     The obelisk of Urbino, Italy, was raised originally in Sais, Egypt in
                     in year 580 B.C. approximately, and taken to Rome in the year 90
                     A.C., were transferred to Urbino in 1737  by  donation  of  Alberti
                     Cardinal, and placed at the beginning  of  the  Renaissance Square,
                     next to the  Ducale  Palace  and  in  front  of  the  Church  of  San
                     Domenico, in which it increases scenografic effect.

                                                                            Actuals views of the Urbino obelisk, Italy

back to
The History of the Egyptian Obelisk